1) BET Awards, 8 p.m., BET (which reruns it at 12:30 a.m.), MTV and VH1. On a night stuffed with music, Cardi B l(shown here) eads with seven nominations; that includes best album, facing Travis Scott, Meek Mill, Ella Mai and The Carters. She’ll perform; so will Billy Ray Cyrus, DJ Khaled, City Girl, Migus, Lucky Daye and more. Mary J. Blige gets a special award; Regina Hall hosts and is also up for best actress, going against Viola Davis, Taraji Henson, Tiffany Haddish, Regina King and Issa Rae.
2) “Masterpiece: Endeavour,” 9-10:30 p.m, PBS. Even in England, it seems, the moon landing was a big deal. Set in the days before the landing, this finds Endeavour Morse struggling with his lunkheaded boss, while probing murders linked to an outer-space TV puppet show. It’s way too tangled at times, but eventually becomes a fairly good story. That follows the “Poldark” season-opener at 8.
3) “The Good Fight,” 9 and 10 p.m., CBS. The first hour has Lucca facing a handsome prosecutor who’s a tough opponent. The second finds techno-world troubles: Hackers gave Maia a fake social-media account; also, a cancer survivor wants to retrieve the embryos she donated.
4) “City on a Hill,” 9 p.m., Showtime, rerunning at 10. How do you get viewers to care about an FBI agent who’s foul-tongued and foul-minded? By giving him a mother-in-law who’s far worse. Tonight, she offers a cruel lie that shatters her own daughter and the son-in-law she despises. Meanwhile, he builds his tenuous link with an honest prosecutor. After a shaky start, two gifted actors (Kevin Bacon and Aldis Hodge) are gradually building an involving story.
5) “Luther” season-finale, 8 p.m. ET, BBC America. On a night when Fox has boxers and ABC has a high-wire act, viewers can turn here for strong scripted drama. Stunned by a friend’s death, Luther (Idris Elba) races to save the others. That means Halliday must lead another case, tracking a serial killer.