1) “Batwoman,” 8 p.m., CW. In last week’s final minute, Kate (that’s Batwoman) had a startling notion: Maybe nasty Alice (Rachel Skarsten, shown here) is Kate’s long-dead sister, having become evil but not become dead. We’ll get an answer quickly, followed by ongoing arguments between Kate and her dad. He’s a one-note character, but “Batwoman” redeems itself with gorgeous visuals and its compelling lead character.
2) “Hip Hop: The Songs That Shook America” debut, just after midnight (technically, 12:08 a.m. Monday), AMC. Here was an odd journey to the top of the charts: A spiritual had been around for centuries …. A jazz musician reworked it for a 1997 anthem, sung (beautifully) by a choir of people in rehab …. Seven years later, Kanye West sampled that record in “Jesus Walks,” an epic that even had three videos. It’s a fascinating story, told here by key people, including the jazzman and his singers.
3) “The Simpsons,” 7 and 8 p.m., Fox. First is a “Treehouse of Horror” rerun, complete with body-snatchers and a truly lethal Jurassic park. Then a new episode gives Chief Wiggum a shot at heroics.
4) “Succession” season-finale, 9 p.m., HBO, rerunning at 12:05 a.m. Maybe all of life’s big decisions should be made aboard a grand Mediterranean yacht. That’s where Logan ponders whom to sacrifice – a family member or a top executive – to save the company’s reputation.
5) “Madame Secretary,” 10:30 p.m., CBS but 10 p.m. on the West Coast. Elizabeth would like to focun on an imposing task – throwing out the first pitch at a Mets game. Alas, other things gnaw at her: Protesters decry rising fuel costs; also, the Senate probes Iran’s involvement in her victory in the president election.