1) “Impeachment,” 10 p.m., FX. Last week, this superb mini-series hit a peak: Monica Lewinsky learned that her “friend” Linda Tripp had taped their conversations for the FBI. Now come the aftershocks, as life closes in on both women. It’s another strong episode, boosted again by great work from Beanie Feldstein (shown here) and Annaleigh Ashford as Lewinsky and Paula Jones.
2) “The Resident,” 8 p.m., Fox. Here’s a Halloween episode, but don’t expect much trick-or-treat fun. Conrad, buried in grief after his wife’s death in a car accident, tries to lose himself in work; cases include three would-be witches and a maybe-haunted home. As usual for “Resident,” it’s a smart, sharp hour; it also gets a boost from one of its best characters, Malcolm-Jamal Warner as Dr. Austin.
3) “The Bachelorette” opener, 8-10 p.m., ABC. In her basketball days, Michelle Young often was first. A 5-foot-9 guard, she set her high school’s record with 22 points a game, then led Bradley University with 12 a game. But on “The Bachelor,” she was merely the runner-up. Now Young, a 5th-grade teacher from Minnesota, is in charge. She meets 30 guys, including two firefighters, two tech CEO’s and Bryce Witzman, a who had eight pro-football seasons as a 6-foot-7, 320-pound lineman.
4) “Queens” debut, 10 p.m., ABC. These women had a hot hip hop group in the ‘90s, then broke up. They drifted, their lives sank … and then a young star sampled their music, giving them a shot at a comeback. That concept worked well in “Girls5Eva”; now it’s repeated here. The show does have some music stars (Brandy and Eve) in lead roles, but they’re mostly stuck in noisy commotion.
5) “La Brea,” 9 p.m., NBC. In a daring rescue attempt last week, a pilot zoomed into the sinkhole. His plane crashed, but he survived. Now he meets some of the people down there – including the woman he’d been having an affair with. “La Brea” is like that, with big, broad strokes that are both interesting and wildly difficult for even a sci-fi fan to accept. Tonight’s hour ends with another big one.