1) “NCIS: Los Angeles” season-opener, 10 p.m., CBS. The 14th season begins with another crisis for Sam and Callen (shown here in a previous episode): Someone has bombed a building where combat drones were assembled. The team must find out who did it … while also dealing with troubling news about a body found in Syria.
2) “The Equalizer,” 8 p.m., CBS. Last week’s season-opener was quick, slick and pivotal. The effort to rescue Robyn meant that key people finally met each other – her daughter and aunt, plus a cop and the two aides in her vigilante efforts. Now Robyn searches for a missing firefighter. That’s followed by the second “East New York,” with an effort to make sure two murders – hedge-fund partner, young man from the projects – are treated equally.
3) “Family Law,” 8 p.m., CW. Last week’s opener had a lawyer (Jewel Staite) take the only job she could land as a recovering (maybe) alcoholic – working for her distant dad (Victor Garber). Now the firm defends a Down-syndrome couple’s parental right. The case has her reflecting on her own parental shortcomings, and those of her father. As in the opener, the court case is so-so, but the characters are likable and involving.
4) “Let the Right One In” debut, 10 p.m., Showtime. In the animal kingdom, parents often must kill in order to feed their young. Among humans? We meet a single dad who must keep finding blood – killing, when needed – to feed his young vampire daughter. It’s a messy concept, but Demian Bichir (“The Bridge” and “Grand Hotel”) brings dignity and depth to the role.
5) “Secrets of the Dead,” 8 p.m., PBS. Digging for the past can be painstaking, we’re reminded. On a 13,000-acre estate, people scrape for tiny clues of life 1,000 years ago. Then why watch this hour (which repeats at 10 p.m. Wednesday)? Because the 516-year-old mansion is where Princess Diana spent her teen years; her younger brother Charles, a historian, has been its earl for 30 years. Early in the hour, we get brief glimpses of splendor.
You may also like
Best-bets for March 30: CBS’ shows return; ABC’s leaves
Best-bets for March 29: Archie time-treks,Ted prospers
Best-bets for March 28: tough times in Brooklyn and Gotham
Best-bets for March 27: “Bachelor” and “Eye” conclude; Pink sings
Best-bets for March 26: “Succession” leads a surge of great drama