1) The Good Fight” opener, 9 and 10 p.m., CBS. One of TV’s best shows has had a stealth-like existence. “Good Fight” has had three seasons on CBS All Access, which reaches less than 4 percent of TV homes; now its first season (10 episodes) spends the summer on CBS. This “Good Wife” spin-off starts with Diane losing her money in a Madoff-style scam. Soon, Lucca (shown here, foreground, fighting Christine Lahti in court) lures her to a mostly black law firm. Coming along is Diane’s goddaughter … whose dad was the scammer.
2) Game shows, 8-11 p.m., ABC. There’s joy in Toronto now; the Raptors – who had never been to the finals before – became champions. And there was despair among ABC people, who coveted the big ratigs a Game Seven would have brought. Instead, they’ll toss in some game shows.
3) “City on a Hill” debut, 9 p.m., Showime. After a few minutes of boozy muttering; “City” becomes a great drama – often profane and sometimes brilliant. Written by newcomer Chuck MacLean, it has Tom Fontana (“Oz,” “Homicide”) as showrunner and Ben Affleck and Matt Damon as producers. These guys know how to do a tough Boston cop show; now they have two gifted actors collide. Kevin Bacon plays an FBI agent; Aldis Hodge plays a prosecutor. They battle … then link to become a fierce force.
4) “ARDYs,” 8 p.m., Disney, rerunning at 9:30. This, somehow, is the new name for the Radio Disney Music Awards. Sofia Carson will perform and Steve Aoki will be the DJ, on a night that also has BTS and Meg Donnelly with Fety Wap and Andy Grammer.
5) “Masterpiece: Endeavour” season-opener, 9-10:30 p.m., PBS. Things have crumbled for Endeavour Morse, the young police inspector. His aide (Fancy) was killed … his boss (Bright) was reassigned to the traffic division … his mentor (Thursday) must work for the self-centered Box. And Morse is out in the boondocks, where some missing-child cases fall in his lap. A tangled story emerges, smartly tackled by a smart cop who’s been having some bad days.