1) “Dancing With the Stars” finale, 8-10:01 p.m., ABC. The final-four line-up is stuffed with people who almost won other competitions. Lauren Alaina, 25, was runner-up on “American Idol” … Ally Brooke (shown here with Sasha Farber), 26, was in a group (Fifth Harmony) that finished third on “X-Factor” … and Hannah Brown, 25, finished seventh on “Bachelor”; she then became the “Bachelorette” star. Now one of them might be a winner; they’re in the finals, alongside Kel Mitchell, Kenan Thompson’s former comedy colleague.
2) “College Behind Bars,” 9-11 p.m., PBS; concludes Tuesday. Jule Hall recalls a grade-school teacher asking who planned to go to college. He was the only one who raised his hand; he took it down … and soon adjusted to his peers, At 17, after a shoot-out, he was sentenced to at least 22 years in prison. There, a privately funded college program changed his life; now he’s a key figure in this documentary. Like the classes we see in the film, “College Behind Bars” is slow and difficult, but involving.
3) “Bob (hearts) Abishola,” 8:30 p.m., CBS. This quietly charming show keeps finding fresh spins on Bob’s struggling courtship. Now Abishola is giving another chance to her other suitor, who is tall, handsome and shares her Nigerian roots. Her uncle warns Bob.
4) “Wrap Battle,” 9 and 10 p.m., Freeform. Somehow, Christmas has become an endless competition. Coming up are shows that have people compete in baking, caroling, confection-making, outdoor lights gingerbread houses … and this three-Monday, six-hour gift-wrapping battle. We’re only a half-step from shows about elf-tossing, sleigh-flying and reindeer games.
5) “Balthazar,” any time, www.acorn.tv. Dr. Raphael Balthazar seems loose and carefree, a forensic physician with a quick grin and a fast life. Beneath that is a man haunted by an unsolved murder; he imagines conversations with the victim and others. The result has been a ratings hit in France; viewers here (reading English sub-titles) will find the opening case to be complex and interesting. They’ll also enjoy the fact that two people (both non-smokers and fit) are called “as healthy as Americans.