1) “Jane Goodall: The Hope” (shown here), 9 p.m.. and midnight ET, National Geographic and Nat Geo Wild. We glimpse Goodall at 26, pioneering the study of chimps in the wild. And we see her at 86, traveling the globe to promote a love of nature. It’s a warm, upbeat film – and one of three with Goodall, on this 50th anniversary of Earth Day. “Jane” (2017), a lovely film, is noon ET on National Geographic; “She Walks With Apes” – profiling Goodall, Dian Fossey, Birute Galdikas and newer generations – is 9 p.m. ET on BBC America.
2) “Born Wild: The Next Generation,” 8 p.m., Disney; 8 and 11 p.m. ET, National Geographic and Nat Geo Wild. Spanning continents, this will mix live and taped elements, while showing newborn animals. On Disney, that will be sandwiched by gorgeous nature films – “Monkey Kingdom” (2015) at 3:50 and 6:35 p.m., “Penguins” (2019) at 5:15 and 9. There are 11 more films from the DisneyNature unit – including the new “Elephant,” narrated by Meghan Markle – at Disney+.
3) More Earth Day films: There are strident films, including the forceful “Climate Change: The Facts” at 8 p.m. on PBS; “The Story of Plastic,” at 2 p.m. on Discovery’ and Leonardo DiCaprio’s “Before the Flood.” from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on National Geographic. And there are ample moments of sheer beauty. That includes “H2O: The Molecule That Made Us” at 9 p.m.on PBS and reruns of “Serengeti” (9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Discovery) and “Planet Earth II” (noon to 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. to 2 a.m., BBC America).
4) “Harry & Meghan: A Royal Rebellion,” 8-10 p.m., CW. You can find this couple everywhere today. She narrates “Elephant,” on Disney+; he shows up in “Jane Goodall: The Hope,” charming a kids’ club. And here, their story is told chronoloically, from their meeting to their split from royal duties.
5) “Single Parents,” 9:30 p.m., ABC. “Modern Family” has ended its run, but this comedy still has new episodes. Tonight, Will hears disturbing news about Angie’s boyfriend. Also, her son Graham has his first turn in charge of other kids. At 10, Nikki Glaser continues on “Who Wants To Be a Millionaire?”