1) “Mayans M.C.” season-finale, 10 p.m., FX; reruns at midnight. At times, “Mayans” seemed headed for a great series-finale; then came the word it’s been renewed for next year. This hour is, as usual, beautifully written, directed and acted; still, there are times when its seems to strain to prolong the story. Last week, EZ told Gaby he wants to leave town with her(they’re shown here in a previous episode); also, Galindo drugged his wife, started to drown her, then relented. Now two compelling characters – Adelita and Potter – finally collide.
2) “The Resident,” 8 p.m., Fox. It’s time for Nic’s baby shower; if this is anything like the Fox weddings, things will quickly go wrong. Meanwhile, Leela finally gets a chance to impress the doubtful Austin. Also there’s big news for both Austin and Rose.
3) “Prodigal Son,” 9 p.m., Fox. As the world searches for Martin (the surgeon/serial killer), viewers know he’s hidden in the car-trunk of the prison doctor (Catherine Zeta-Jones). What we don’t know is who’s scheme this is; now Malcolm (a criminal profiler and Martin’s son) scrambles. “Prodigal Son” hits new extremes. One character is wildly excessive. There’s a bizarre decision by Malcolm and indecision by his mom. And we’re back to the cop-show cliché of higher-ups ignoring a good lead.
4) “Big Sky,” 10 p.m., ABC. Ronald finally realizes how twisted his situation is, when Scarlet gets a call that her sister is missing. Meanwhile, the novice detectives are in trouble: Cassie and Jenny are at the ranch, facing the nastiest of the Kleinsasser clan.
5) Documentaries. HBO has the second half of its “Crime of the Century,” looking at the fierce impact of promoting opioids. That’s from 9-11 p.m., overlapping with PBS probing amother industry. “Frontline: Plastic Wars” (10 p.m.) argues that people always realized recycling wouldn’t work for plastics; it looks at what’s been been happening to plastic since China quit accepting it.