1) “New Amsterdam” season-finale, 10 p.m., NBC. This has been a brutal year for Max (shown here in an earlier episode). While his hospital faces constant crises, he’s been battling his late wife’s parents for custody of his daughter. Now, an object that’s important to him is missing; he scours the hospital. Iggy, the psychiatrist, has also had a rough time. Last week, an angry patient broke into his home; now Iggy re-thinks his own life.
2) “Matilda” (1996) and “Cruel Summer,” 8 and 10 p.m., Freeform. First a terrific movie, beautifully directed by Danny DeVito, about a little girl surrounded by foul adults. Then “Cruel Summer” adds fresh twists, as people start to learn Kate’s secrets and she has shards of memory of her captivity.
3) “The Goldbergs,” 8 p.m., ABC.In an “Airplane” take-off, Beverly surprises the family with a vacation that soon goes awry. That launches the reconfigured summer line-up, which bunches ABC’s best comedies on Tuesdays. It’s followed by “Home Economics” at 8:30, “The Conners” (Darlene seems stand-offish to her co-workers) at 9 and ”Black-ish” (helping an election campaign) at 9:30.
4) “The Flash,” 8 p.m., CW. After a week off, this is back … and colliding with two powerhouses — CBS’ “NCIS” rerun and NBC’s new round of “Voice” auditions. In “Flash,” Cisco and Kamila are planning to leave; first, they join in fighting a new version of Rainbow Raider.
5) “Superman & Lois,” 9 p.m., CW. The move to Smallville has muted Clark’s use of superpowers; Lois, however, still has the power of the press. She links with the Smallville Gazette editor, to try to figure out why Morgan Edge seems determined to buy property around town.