1) “In the Heights” (shown here), any time, HBO Max. The Broadway musical – which Lin-Manuel Miranda wrote before “Hamilton” – starts streaming on the same day it reaches movie theaters. That’s in a huge streak for streamers: Earlier, two overseas delights returned – “Line of Duty” on Britbox” and “Miss Fisher’s Modern Murder Mysteries” on Acorn –and the ambitious “Loki” debuted on Disney+. Arriving today are new seasons of “Love, Victor” (Hulu) and “Lupin” (Netflix).
2) “Ghostbusters” (1984) and “Van Helsing, 7:35 and 10 p.m., Syfy. Fantasy shows can hit opposite extremes – fun or fierce, silly or scary. First is a comedy that mixes special-effects and clever dialog, appealing to all ages. Then we follow Vanessa Van Helsing, descended from a vampire-hunter. She has the rare blood type that can save people from the vampires roaming the Earth. Axel is the ex-Marine who protects her; she lures him to the Dark Realm, where they have key revelations.
3) “Minions” (2015), 8-10 p.m., NBC. Now that people are in a summer mood, we might as well catch Friday-night cartoons. This one was a box-office hit – even more so than the “Despicable Me” films if sprang from. The minions are recruited by Scarlet Overkill (Sandra Bullock) and her husband Herb (Jon Hamm) – who, of course, want to take over the world.
4) “Magnum P.I.,” 8 and 9 p.m., CBS. For now, CBS will have back-to-back “Magnum” reruns on Fridays. Tonight’s first episode has a psychic insisting she’s foreseen a murder; she wants Magnum to prevent it. In the second, Magnum hears some unsettling news about his dad’s past; also, in his helicopter, TC may have witnessed a murder.
5) “Dynasty,” 9 p.m., CW. Blake tries to reconcile with Cristal, but realizes it won’t be easy. Also, he has his new agreement with Fallon … who’s in a hurry to make sure everyone knows she’s in charge. Adam returns to the hospital to undo the damage Fallon caused. Kirby – feeling she’s grown distant from Adam – goes there, too … and confronts a surprise.