1) “Agents of SHIELD” season-opener, 8 p.m., ABC. Now that Marvel rules the movies, shouldn’t it be big on TV? It keeps trying, with shows ranging from pretty good (“Cloak & Dagger) to quite awful (“Inhumans”). This ambitious effort has drawn so-so ratings; ABC originally said it wouldn’t return until summer. Now the good news: Summer starts early and another season has already been ordered. As the team re-assembles (including Elizabeth Henstridge and Chloe Bennetm shown here), Coulson is dead, but Clark Gregg returns as a new character, Sarge.
2) “Last Man Standing” season-finale, 8 p.m., Fox. This is the show ABC foolishly dumped, while trying to have fantasy Fridays. Moving to Fox, it’s been sort of adequate. Tonight, Mike (Tim Allen) keeps nudging his daughter and son-in-law to move out. There’s an OK mix of humor and warmth.
3) “The Cool Kids” season-finale, 8:30 p.m., Fox. How far can a show go, before being too loud and too broad? Tonight’s “Cool Kids” clearly hits overload … yet remains oddly likable. After all its excesses – including an act or cruelty by Margaret – it bounces back with the guys bumbling through a very funny re-enactment. Even Jamie Farr, 85, adds his almost-too-broad touch.
4) “Live From Lincoln Center,” 9 p.m., PBS (check local listings). For the next three weeks, we can catch gifted Broadway singers, performing solo. Coming are Annaleigh Ashford (“Kinky Boots”) and Megan Hilty (“Wicked” and TV’s “Smash”). First is Cynthia Erivo, who soared in the “Color Purple” revival.
5) “State of the Union,” 10 p.m. ET, Sundance. Reaching the mid-point in its two-week, 10-episode run, this brilliant series of 10-minute shows has its most serious moments so far. Last week’s marital-therapy session turned ugly, we’re told. Now, with wit and fear, these two eye an uncertain future.