1) “Yellowstone” season-opener, 10 p.m., Paramount, rerunning at 11:11. In its first 17 months, this network has had some stumbles (especially the awful “Heathers”) and one solid success. That’s this show, filmed in the sprawling beauty of Montana and Utah. Kevin Costner plays a rancher, battling outside forces and, at times, his family. His daughter schemes with developers, one son is a politician, the other is an ex-SEAL who would rather be on the neighboring reservation with his wife and son.
2) “Rivers of Life” debut, 8 p.m., PBS. For 4,000 miles, the Nile brings life to Africa. It starts in rich jungles, eventually winds through the Sahara, where two creatures have an odd link: The camel gulps 52 gallons of water in three minutes … then scatters droppings that the dung beetle cherishes. This hour is beautifully filmed, but the narration has so-so writing and inept delivery.
3) “Jane the Virgin,” 9 p.m., CW. After lots of detours that seemed kind of forced, the show finally had its big moment last week: Jane and Rafael were back together. That’s where we start tonight. (The show’s title is now thoroughly outdated.) Then … well, there are more detours. Still, we can’t object to any show that includes an ugly green maid-of-honor dress and a dad wearing a fake Martian tail.
4) “Match Game,” 10 p.m., ABC. As usual, Alec Baldwin’s show is going for laughs. Tonight’s panelists are Whitney Cummings, Chris Parnell, Jane Krakowski, Tony Rock, Sarah Chalke and Rob Riggle. That wraps up a game night, with “Press Your Luck” at 8 p.m. and “Card Sharks” at 9.
5) “Archer,” 10 p.m., FXX, rerunning at 10:30 and 11:30. Astronauts hate it when they get swallowed by giant space creatures. That happens to the crew tonight, in an episode that will give you new respect for Jonah, of whale fame. It’s a funny one, with moments of wisdom. “You’ll make things worse,” Archer is warned. His sensible reply: “How could I? We’re in a monster’s colon.”