1) “In the Dark,” 9 p.m., CW. Yes, this has had its slow moments; that happens when you spread a mystery over 13 weeks. But tonight’s hour hits some highs, leading to next week’s potent season-finale. Blind and bitter, Murphy is at a low point: She split with her boyfriend; her roommate (and only friend) Jess split with her girlfriend … and moved out of the apartment. Stick around; after some surprises (including blind rollerskating, shown here), tonight’s final 15 minutes deliver a giddy high and then a powerhouse surprise.
2) “Reef Break” opener, 10 p.m., ABC. It’s been a cloudy, soggy time in much of the U.S.; now ABC gives us blue-sky shows: “Grand Hotel” (Mondays) is set in Miami Beach; “Reef Break” is on a Pacific island. Poppy Montgomery – who grew up on a big island (Australia), in a family of flower names – plays an ex-crook who returns home. Soon, the island’s governor hires her for adventures.
3) “Holey Moley” and “Food Fight” debuts, 8 and 9 p.m., ABC. Fresh from showing Steph Curry in the pro-basketball championships, ABC launches a two-Curry night. First is Steph, whose Warriors lost to the Raptors last week, after winning three titles in four years. He turns to his alternate sport, golf; he produces this offbeat miniature golf show and is called the resident golf pro. Then Ayesha – a cook who’s done books and videos – hosts: Families compete, creating everyday-type meals
4) “Spin the Wheel” debut, 9 p.m., Fox. It’s a night of colliding games and competition. ABC has its newcomers … NBC brings back “The Wall” at 8 p.m. … and Fox has this show, which mixes answering questions with the sheer luck of spinning a giant money wheel.
5) “Life in Pieces,” 9:01 and 9:30 p.m., CBS. Here are two new episodes of this uneven, but above-average comedy. The first takes a serious turn – John’s elderly parents are divorcing – but this is mostly about life’s mix-ups. In the first, Matt and Colleen have an elaborate dinner to thank Jen and Greg for writing a recommendation … except they forgot to write it. In the second, Jen and Greg hire the cleaning lady who has worked for his parents for years … then are appalled by her habits.