1) “Modern Family,” 9 p.m., ABC. All summer, ABC’s splendid Wednesday-comedy lineup has been brushed aside, replaced by game shows. Now its reruns return, led by “Modern Family.” It’s time for Jay’s annual hike, in search of a bald eagle; Gloria frets and asks Phil, Cam and Mitchell (shown here) to join him.
2) “Single Parents,” 9:31 p.m., ABC. In the funny pilot film, Taran Killam plays a guy so busy with dad duties that he forgets about his own life; other single parents try to help. That’s part of a fun rerun night, going from “The Goldbergs” at 8 (Barry has second thoughts about marrying) to “Celebrity Family Feud” at 10, with Tori Spelling, Scotty McCreery, Amber Riley and Chris Kattan.
3) “MasterChef,” 8 p.m., Fox. Daphne Oz – who will be the new “MasterChef Junior” co-host – visits. Oz, 33, is a food author who co-hosted “The Chew”; that follows a family tradition, with her dad hosting the “Dr. Oz” daytime show. Tonight, she’ll reveal the mystery-box ingredients; the eight contestants then have an hour to create an elevated dish in a cast-iron pan.
4) “Bulletproof,” 8 p.m., CW. Pike isn’t happy at work – the Sharp case was given to another unit, after a key witness was slain on his watch – or at home: His wife, a lawyer, needs money to move toward partnership; that means asking his disapproving dad for help. Also: unlike many other British cop shows, this has plenty of gunfire, including a fierce battle in the final minutes.
5) “SEAL Team,” 9 p.m., CBS. For 10 weeks, this was on the shelf, bumped by summertime reality shows. It finally returned last week, to start rerunning a strong storyline. In Manilla for what seemed like soft duty, the team heard an explosion. Clay was helping victims when there was a second blast. Now Clay – a passionate, second-generation SEAL who sees the military as his life — is hospitalized, with both legs severely injured and his life in danger. His colleagues want revenge.
You may also like
Best-bets for March 27: “Bachelor” and “Eye” conclude; Pink sings
Best-bets for March 26: “Succession” leads a surge of great drama
Best-bets for March 25: Skaters and dunkers share the night
Best-bets for March 24: music — country, opera and up there
Best-bets for March 23: Basketball’s back, but so are soaps