1) Jay Leno’s Garage” season-opener, 10 p.m., CNBC. Kevin Hart considers his 1976 Bronco a tough, off-road vehicle. “I bought one for my wife,” Leno says. “She takes it to book club.” Leno has lots of on-road cars like the one shown here, but now it’s time for off-roaders – from a $750,000 hurricane-hunter to armored cars with bullet-proof glass. One can jam drones, blast an electric shock into the door handle and hit a pursuing car with smoke or a blinding light. This hour is contrived and semi-scripted, but still quite entertaining.
2) “The Goldbergs” and “Celebrity Family Feud,” 8 and 10 p.m., ABC. This all-rerun night starts and ends with game shows. On “Goldbergs,” Erica obsesses on them and tries out for “Jeopardy.” On “Feud,” Steve Harvey pits two music groups – The Chainsmokers and 5 Seconds of Summer. He also has Roselyn Sanchez against the husband-wife team of Boris Kodjoe and Nicole Ari Parker.
3) “BH90210,” 9 p.m., Fox. It’s the fourth week of the six-week series, with “Beverly Hills, 90210” people playing fictional versions of themselves, trying to reboot the show. Now a script-reading goes badly; the actors try a quick rewrite, but soon clash. There are more complications: Shannen Doherty has second thoughts about doing the show … Brian Austin Green learns a secret about Zach, the obsessed fan … And Jennie Garth reluctantly lets her teen daughter try out for an acting role.
4) “Yellowstone” season-finale, 10 p.m., Paramount. In a summer of small shows, Paramount has gone big – big budget, big star, big setting. Kevin Costner plays the owner of a mega-ranch, at the edge of Yellowstone. Now his grandson is missing and Malcolm Beck (Neal McDonough) may have him.
5) “Snowfall,” 10 p.m., FX. In Costa Rica, Julia forces the hand of Teddy, the CIA guy who needs a new drug route for the Iran-Contra scheme. And back home, Franklin, the young drug boss, finds himself exposed; Andre, the neighborhood cop, gets some unexpected help.