1) “The Great American Baking Show: Holiday Edition” opener, 9 and 10 p.m., ABC. It’s a double-spice show, with Emma “Baby Spice” Bunton (shown here) and Anthony “Spice” Adams hosting. Paul Hollywood (from the British original) and Sherry Yard are the judges. This starts with 10 contestants, including Brother Andrew Corriende, who briefly managed a bakery and worked as a talent-agent assistant, before becoming a friar. They’ll face three challenges each hour, starting today with cakes and breads.
2) “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure,” 8 p.m., ABC. Finally opening up their kingdom, the sisters from “Frozen” invite everyone to celebrate Christmas. Soon, people scurry home to follow family traditions. In the palace, there are no such traditions; Olaf races out to find some. That’s followed at 8:30 by “Toy Story That Time Forgot,” giving us two animated specials that are sort of adequate, but not nearly as good as the movies they’re based on.
3) “Superstore” and “Perfect Harmony,” 9 and 9:30 p.m., NBC. Fresh from the feel-good finale of “Ellen’s Greatest Night of Giveaways,” we get Christmas complications. Here, Dina and Cheyenne seek the perfect tree, while Jonah and Sandra are tied up in the union’s first contract negotiations. Then the Rev. Jax’s missionary parents arrive, possibly disapproving of his downhome style.
4) “A Legendary Christmas With John and Chrissy,” 10 p.m., NBC. In olden days, TV specials had friends showing up at the door, for forced bits of humor or music. In a rerun from last year, John Legend and Chrissy Teigen mock that, with varying success. The humor is so-so, but there are good moments from Kris Jenner and Awkwafina. The music, however, is superb; Legend sings with Stevie Wonder and Esperanza Spalding and does solos, some of them turned into lush production numbers.
5) ALSO: No, the holiday isn’t all light and bright. On “Legacies” (9 p.m., CW), a Christmas monster uses it to infiltrate the school. On “Mom” (9 p.m., CBS) impressionable young Patty has Bonnie as her Alcoholics Anonymous sponsor. Christy decides to lecture Patty on Bonnie’s evils of Christmas past.