1) “Magnum P.I.” mid-season finale, 9 p.m., CBS. Faced with a drama overload, CBS keeps shuffling. Next week, “Tommy” (an excellent Edie Falco cop show) takes over the “Evil” slot on Thursday and “MacGyver” (on the shelf for four-plus months) returns to Fridays. .“Magnum” steps aside for a while, after tonight’s episode (shown here): Jin, the pickpocket, learns that an innocent woman is the target of a hit; he asks Magnum and Higgins to protect her.
2) “Country Music,” 9-11 p.m., PBS. This chapter – the fifth of eight – begins in 1964, with the world changing and Nashville getting much-needed diversity. Charlie Pride becomes its first black singing star … and for way too long, its only one. Lortetta Lynn and Dolly Parton, both brilliant songwriters, leda a surge of female stars. And Merle Haggard brings the perspective of an Okie outsider. This superb rerun catches those stories and continues its long portrait of Johnny Cash.
3) “Fresh Off the Boat,” 8:30 p.m., ABC. After boasting about her parenting skills, Jessica finds herself with new dilemmas: One son (Emery) is heartbroken and wants to spend more time with her. Another (Emery) has become a vegan, drawing the wrath of his dad and his eldest brother Eddie.
4) “Blue Bloods,” 10 p.m., CBS. As police commissioner, Frank (Tom Selleck) must find the truth quickly: An undercover cop has accused a fellow cop of brutality. Meanwhile, Frank’s son Danny (Donnie Wahlberg) probes the murder of a photographer whose former models accused him of sexual assault.
5) Dramas, streaming. It’s a busy day for true-crime fans. Netflix’s “I Am a Killer” focuses on death-row inmates; Amazon Prime’s “Ted Bundy: Falling for a Killer” centers on the woman whose former lover confessed to killing 30 women. That comes a day after streamers had two fictional shows: CBS All-Access had was the second episode of “Star Trek: Picard”; Netflix had “The Stranger,” with an anonymous woman spilling dark secrets.
You may also like
Best-bets for March 30: CBS’ shows return; ABC’s leaves
Best-bets for March 29: Archie time-treks,Ted prospers
Best-bets for March 28: tough times in Brooklyn and Gotham
Best-bets for March 27: “Bachelor” and “Eye” conclude; Pink sings
Best-bets for March 26: “Succession” leads a surge of great drama