1) “Survivor” opener, 8-10 p.m, CBS. For its 40th edition, “Survivor” is bringing back 20 champions (shown here) … including Sandra Diaz-Twine, who’s won it twice. This goes as far back to Ethan Zohn, who won the third edition, in 2001 … and is as recent as the 2018 winners, Nick Wilson and Wendell Holland. It also includes Rob and Amber Mariano: He proposed (and she said yes) in 2004, when they were the two finalists. She won; seven years later, he won. Now they have four daughters, ages 5 to 10.
2) “Modern Family,” 9 p.m., ABC. In its final season, this terrific show – winner of five best-comedy Emmys – has been touring the holidays. Tonight, as ABC comedies (8-10 p.m.) have their Valentine episodes, the show visits the romantic city of Paris. Claire has a secret encounter and Cam fulfills his dream – performing as Fizbo the Clown, on the streets of Paris.
3) “Chicago P.D.,” 10 p.m., NBC. The best of NBC’s three “Chicago” shows thrives when it has an intense story focusing on one cop. Last week was Kim Burgess, who caught a killer but suffered a miscarriage; we see her briefly here, but then shift to Vanessa Rojas. She links with a young homeless guy, while scrambling to find a killer. It’s a strong hour and a great showcase for Lisseth Chavez.
4) “Party of Five,” 9 p.m., Freeform. Here are wildly mismatched elements. One – Lucia growing as an activist – is terrific, including a deeply moving monolog. Another – Emilio’s troubles with his band – is absurd; it has him taking a wildly unlikely step, creating a phony crisis to nudge the plot along.
5) And more: Here’s a second chance to catch the start of CW’s “Katy Keene.” Its debut reruns at 9 p.m. today, with the second episode arriving at 8 p.m. Thursday; it’s a bright-eyed story that’s sort of fun … and would be better if it didn’t strain credibility with its giddy twists. And at 10, Freeform’s “Good Trouble” has a twist on the holiday: “Palentine’s Day” celebrates friends – and finds trouble between Callie and Mariana … and between Gael and Jamie … and with Malik, Isaac and Raj.