1) “Deputy” season-finale, 9 p.m., Fox. The first season ends the way it started – with fierce waves of emotion. We’ve grumbled about some overwrought episodes in-between, but this one makes the passions feel justified. Sheriff Hollister rage at the outing of his informants,but also savors the joy of his daughter (Latina on her mom’s side) at her quinceanera (shown here). Things are wrapped up potently.
2) “A Million Little Things” season-finale, 10 p.m., ABC. Somehow, this is uncharacteristically close to a happy moment: Katherine and Eddie have worked through his affair with their friend Delilah; now they’re renewing their wedding vows. What could go wrong? Well, Eve goes into labor with the baby that Rome and Regina plan to adopt. Also, Maggie shocks Gary. And Eddie learns details about the fatal lake accident, long ago. Life is filled with a million little (or big) problems.
3) “Superstore,” 8 p.m., NBC. When we last saw Carol, she was disrupting Sandra’s wedding and almost killing Sandra’s cat. People (especially Sandra) are wary, but the company says she’s ready to return. That’s the start of a funny episode that also has Garrett and Mateo hire a guy to do their jobs.
4) “Better Things,” 10 p.m., FX. Lately, this show’s best character has been Frankie, the middle daughter of Sam (writer-director Pamela Adlon). She’s stubborn, intense and, until recently, sort of gender-neutral. But last week, Sam found her in bed with an older guy; that leads to interesting moments, along with separate scenes involving Sam’s mom. As always, it’s scattered, but fascinating.
5) More comedies. CBS doesn’t have the basketball tournament it expected, but it tosses in some good reruns – “Young Sheldon” at 8 and 8:30 p.m. and “Mom” at 9. That “Mom” episode – a friend’s sudden death – should get plenty of attention, because there’s no “Will & Grace” tonight. Instead, NBC has two episodes of “Indebted” (9 and 9:30 p.m.), both of them sub-par.
– Mike Hughes, TV America