1) “Let’s Go Crazy: The Grammy Salute to Prince,” 9-11 p.m., CBS. Those music-from-home specials have been appreciated, but here’s what we need now – some high-octane, rock spectacle (showh here). Taped Jan. 26 in Los Angeles, this has Prince’s songs performed by top stars – Alicia Keys, John Legend, Beck. Chris Martin, H.E.R., Usher, Juanes, Mavis Staples, Susanna Hoffs, Gary Clark Jr., the Foo Fighters, Earth, Wind & Fire and a merger of Prince’s old colleagues – Sheila E, Morris Day, Time and Revolution.
2) “Empire” series-finale, 9 p.m., Fox. It’s music-overload time, with Prince’s concert facing the finale of this music-stuffed series. For six seasons, Lucious and Cookie have fought, loved, divorced, re-united and split again. Now they have competing record labels. But then a mogul tried to crush the “Bossyfest” concert for Cookie’s label; enraged at the white bias, Lucious agreed to bring his stars to her event. Now Cookie reflects; Lucious, torn between her and Yana, grasps to control Empire
3) “The Connors,” 8 p.m., ABC. In a terrific rerun, Becky is short on money and wants to work at the bar; her dad feels that’s a bad place for a recovering alcoholic. Meanwhile, her niece Harris has a bad-influence friend. D arlene – Harris’ mom, Becky’s sister – is trying to decide between David and Ben.
4) “Frontline,” 9 p.m., PBS. TV’s day-to-day coronavirus coverage has been excellent, but we still need “Frontline” to provide perspective. It goes back to where tis started in the U.S. – Jan. 20, when a man, 35, visited a Seattle hospital. “It’s one person, coming in from China, and we have it under control and it’s going to be fine,” President Trump said. With the federal government on the sidelines, the states soon scrambled. “It’s like watching a slow-moving landslide,” Dr. Ryan Reay says here.
5) “New Amsterdam,” 10 p.m., NBC. With many dramas shortening their seasons, some reruns are arriving early. (Fox even has a “Masked Singer” rerun at 8 p.m. today, prior to a new episode Wednesday.) Here, the widowed Max meets a woman in an unexpected place.