1) “Council of Dads” season-finale, 8 p.m, NBC. Last week ended with a fierce hurricane ripping through town. People huddled in Oliver’s home, where he delivered the baby he and Peter hope to adopt. Robin left to save her son Theo and was trapped … until Anthony arrived. Now this strong finale surveys the damage (shown here) and answers questions: How is the baby? Will Peter accept him? Did the restaurant survive? Can Anthony be forgiven for lying and leaving? Will Robin imagine one more chat with her late husband?
2) “In the Dark,” 9 p.m., CW. For the second straight year, a season has started weakly and ended with fierce jolts. Setting up next week’s season-finale, we find lives teetering. Ben stole the drugs, hid them … then died. Murphy and friends are desperate to find them, to avoid being killed; Dean, the crooked (and now fired) cop is desperate, too. Meanwhile, Nia is dead, but her former assistant wants to kill people. The result is strong, tense … and, alas, unresolved until next week.
3) “Mom,” 9 and 9:30 p.m., CBS. All season, this terrific comedy has been hampered by so-so shows that followed. Now that “Broke” has ended, “Mom” gets both slots. Here are the season’s first two episodes: With Bonnie and Adam honeymooning, Christy runs the bar; she promptly finding trouble.
4) “The Greatest Showman” (2017), 8 and 10 p.m., FX. Twice in the past month, this musical has been
pulled at the last second – replaced first by the “Selma” movie and then by Juneteenth programming. It’s an uneven film – soaring songs and gifted star (Hugh Jackman), wrapped around a silly effort to make P.T. Barnum heroic. Still, it’s good to get to see it … eventually.
5) More movies, cable. Here are two gems – the gorgeous “Black Stallion” (1979) at 8 p.m. ET on Turner Classic Movies (with its sequel at 10:15) and the gentle “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood” (2019), at 10:10 a.m. and 9:11 p.m. on Starz. Also, two glitzy diversions – “Crazy Rich Asians” (2018) at 8:10 a.m. and 10:05 p.m. on HBO and “Charlie’s Angels” (2019), at 7:10 p.m. on Starz.