1) “Mom,” 9 p.m., CBS. Last week, Jill — rich, single and flirty met Bonnie’s therapist Trevor — poor, divorcing and clumsy. (He’s shown here at a previous low point, dealing with Bonnie in sparse quarters. Jill was enamored … and Bonnie was dismayed. Now the relationship grows; that means more scenes with Rainn Wilson (“The Office”) as Trevor, which is “”Mom” at its best.
2) “B Positive,” 8:30 p.m., CBS. The Golden Globes awards are Sunday, but we can’t take them seriously when Annaleigh Ashford isn’t nominated. Ashford – who already has two Tony nominations and a win – is the best TV comedy actress in almost forever. Here, she plays a free spirit who is giving a kidney to a guy she barely knows. Tonight, one of his dialysis colleagues gets good news.
3) “Grown-ish,” 8 p.m., Freeform. Guys tend to be very energized by discussions of a romantic threesome. They assume, however, that two of the three are female. That’s not the case this time, setting off some spirited discussions,. The other storylines are so-so, but this one has humor and depth.
4) “The Go-Big Show,” 9 p.m., TBS, rerunning at 11:30. Maybe your mother has told you to never put live rattlesnake heads in your mouth; maybe she didn’t need to. But a guy does that tonight, while judges indicate approval. Others offer one-handed archery, lassoing and more, including a guy descending a 62-foot bank, inside a whiskey barrel. The whiskey itself had been removed, possibly by the guy with the rattlesnakes. Six acts compete tonight, with one reaching the finals in two weeks.
5) “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,” 9 p.m., NBC. Yes, there is room for serious dramas – but not many – amid the Thursday silliness. This hour has two sisters demanding closure by hearing a man confess to imprisoning them during their childhoods. At 10 p.m., CBS’ “Clarice” has Clarice trying to get a confession from the suspect in the “river murders.”