1) “Tough as Nails” finale, 8 p.m., CBS. The final four compete for the top prize of $200,000 and a truck. There’s Sarah Burkett, 41, a pipe welder; Scott Henry, 44, a construction superintendent; “Swifty” Sanders (shown here), 43, a steelworker; and “Zeus” Ontai, 29, a lineworker. The others stick around for the team competition; Ontai is on part of one team, with the other finalists on the other.
2) “Snowfall,” 10 p.m., FX, rerunning at 11:02, Here’s a potent hour, setting up next week’s fierce season-finale. In 1980s Los Angeles, a gunfight looms between rival drug gangs – one led by Franklin, the other by Manboy. Franklin tries to talk his uncle out of a direct assault. Meanwhile, a reporter has been fired, after her paper started her expose on the CIA’s gun-and-drugs scheme. Teddy find his CIA career crumbling, in a superb hour of deep emotions, brutal action and sudden surprises.
3) “United States of Al,” 9 and 9:30 p.m., CBS. Here’s the perfect way to catch up on an amiable comedy. Its first two episodes rerun today, before the third airs at 8:30 p.m. Thursday. We meet an ex-Marine who spent years getting Awalmir (Al) – his friend and translator in Afghanistan – to the U.S. Now Al is ready to learn – or change – American culture. The result lacks the big laughs of other shows (“Big Bang,” “Mom”) from the same producer, but is funny enough, with very likable characters.
4) “Good Trouble,” 10 p.m., Freeform. This starts with a clever cartoon, illustrating the emotions that keep getting tangled up. Then it plunges ahead and tangles some more … mostly because people never quite say what they think. The best moment is via video-chat, with Davia and Dennis. The worst involves Callie’s work: A breakthrough on a case seems way too easy.
5) ALSO: At 8 p.m., PBS’ “Nature” has a beautifully filmed look at a leopard, struggling (with limited success) to protect her offspring. At 9, ABC’s “The Conners” reportedly has key guest stars: Candice Bergen, who won five Emmys as Murphy Brown, returns as Dan’s mother; Brian Austin Green plays a co-worker of Darlene … at the factory where George Clooney played her mom’s co-worker.