1) “MacGyver” series finale (shown here), 8 p.m., CBS. This reboot lasted five seasons (two fewer than the original version), generally doing wel. But the Nielsen ratings dropped 22 percent this year, so Mac won’t be back. Tonight, he and Riley go missing. They wake up in a corn field, with no idea what happened; they must figure out who took them … and how to get nanotrackers out of their bodies.
2) “Magnum PI,” 9 p.m., CBS. This show and “Blue Bloods” (at 10 p.m.) each slipped by 15 percent this year, but did well enough to be renewed. Tonight, Magnum learns a shocking secret about his mother, when his uncle visits. Also, TC may have witnessed a murder from his helicopter.
3) “International Jazz Day 10th Anniversary Celebration,” 9-11 p.m., PBS. Each year on April 30, jazz concerts are held worldwide, culminating with a mega-concert. For two straight years, however, the pandemic has stopped most of that. Instead, this tenth Jazz Day is celebrated with memories. There are a few slow moments, but plenty of vibrant ones from Annie Lennox, Stevie Wonder, Sting, Aretha Franklin, Wynton Marsalis, Dianne Reeves and more, plus a potent group finale of “Imagine.”
4) “The Mosquito Coast,” any time, Apple TV+. Allie (Justin Theroux) knows a lot; he can lecture on science, society and more. Still, he may not know enough to extricate himself from some unstated deed in his past; now he’s on the run with his wife (who knows what this is about) and his teen kids (who don’t). Previously a 1986 Harrison Ford movie, this has been expanded into a seven-hour mini-series, with the first two hours today. Viewers won’t know what to think of Allie, but they’ll be hooked.
5) More streaming. This has been a huge week for streamers, peaking Wednesday with the darkly compelling “Handmaid’s Tale,” on Hulu. There are two reality series – “Pet Stars” on Netflix and “The Big Shot With Bethenny” on HBO Max. And mysteries? Netflix has the spooky “Things Heard & Seen” … Acorn has the quirky “Backstrom” … and Britbox has “Dead Simple,” a smart and involving tale with John Simm as a police detective who’s convinced someone might be buried alive.