1) Basketball,” 9 p.m. ET, ABC, with previews at 8 and 8:30. Yes, a winter sport has sprawled into the second half of summer. Hockey has finished its season, but for basketball this is the fifth game of a best-of-seven series, with Milwaukee (shown here with Giannis Antetokounmpo) and Phoenix. The other games, if needed, will be Tuesday and Thursday … on the eve of the Olympics opening ceremony.
2) More sports. The first SRX Series season concludes from 8-10 p.m. ET on CBS, with the racers in Nashville. Also, Fox has baseball (varying by region) at 7:15 p.m. ET; the “X Games” are at 8 on ESPN2, with Gold Cup soccer at 7:30 and 10 p.m. on Fox Sports1.
3) “America’s Got Talent,” 8-10 p.m., NBC. Here’s a rerun of auditions. There’s one more new episode on Tuesday, before the Olympics consume NBC.
4) “History of the Sitcom,” 9 and 10 p.m., CNN. If you missed the debut Sunday, here’s a rerun. It’s a slick, surface ride through situation-comedy history, with lots of clips and comments. The first hour views families, from the button-down “Father Knows Best” to the splendid chaos of “Roseanne.” The second has sex and sexuality, from denial to the arrival of gay and trans characters.
5) “Saturday Night Live,” 11:29 p.m., NBC. Keegan-Michael Key hosts this rerun, airing one day after the delightful “Schmigadoon,” in which he stars alongside Cecily Strong of “SNL.” Teen star Olivia Rodrigo is tonight’s music guest.