1) “Grown-ish,” 8 p.m, Freeform. Here’s a sudden turn-around: The season’s first two episodes offered a wild resort party in Mexico; Zoey and Aaron had a first date, got married, got unmarried (it was never legal, they learned) and stayed together. It was slick and fun. Then, we’re told, the pandemic hit and the fall semester went virtual. Now we jump to spring semester … and the show shifts from a bright comedy to a fairly good drama. There are rough times for Zoey (foreground, in a previous episode) and for two of her friends.
2) “Good Girls” finale, 9 p.m., NBC. Lots of shows have been granted an exit strategy, but not this one. Tonight’s episode is the fourth-season finale, leaving lots of problems in limbo; NBC decided there won’t be a fifth. Beth is wedged between Rio (who wants her to continue counterfeiting) and his cousin Nick (a corrupt official who wants her elected to the city council). Two cops, working on their own, want the women to raid Nick’s office. It’s a precarious plan … and a clumsy way to end a series.
3) Olympics, NBC Sports Network. On the eve of the opening ceremony, some events continue their early start. There’s live coverage of soccer from 2-9 a.m. ET, followed by a mixture of reruns and time-shifting. Then rowing and archery take over at 7:30 p.m. ET. Sprinkled in are reruns of two U.S. women’s games – softball with Canada at 5:30 p.m., soccer with Sweden at 11:15 p.m.
4) “Walker,” 8 p.m., CW. A bomb threat at the school targets Liam and Stan. That’s followed at 9 by a new “Outpost” episode, with Garret attacking the new queen.
5) ALSO: ABC was hoping tonight would have a seventh and final pro-basketball game, getting huge ratings. But the Milwaukee Bucks beat the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday, wrapping up a four-games-to-two championship; ABC retreats to its Thursday fun-and-games line-up.