1) “Saturday Night Live,” 11:29 p.m., NBC. After three straight weeks of being bumped by the Olympics, “SNL” is back to its summer reruns. That starts with two gifted women – Adele, in her first time as host, and H.E.R. as the music guest. Adele does get to sing parts of her songs, during a clever “Bachelor” bit. And a particularly funny sketch (shown here) flashes back to pre-COVID, when a fortune-teller (Kate McKinnon) brings bad news.
2) “Eden: Untamed Planet,” 8-9:15 p.m., BBC America. After visiting lesser-known spots (including a desert), “Eden” reaches Galapagos. A few humans are there; in a half-century, the population went from 3,500 to 25,000. But that’s mainly on one island, where a massive turtle struggles past obstacles, to lay her eggs. Most of the 120 islands, however, are wondrously unspoiled. We see sea lions organize a mission to drive fish ashore; we also see giant iguanas, with tiny creatures atop, gobbling their bugs.
3) “America’s Got Talent,” 8-10 p.m., NBC. If you missed the show’s return, you can catch up this weekend. Tonight reruns the final auditions (held pre-Olympics); on Sunday, we’ll get reruns of the Monday and Tuesday episodes, with the season’s first live episodes and first results show.
4) “NCIS: New Orleans,” 9 p.m., CBS. A New Orleans cop is murdered, shortly before he can testify against colleagues. Soon, the team is taking on a group of corrupt cops. That rerun follows a “Magnum” one at 8 p.m., in which a woman wants to find her lover’s killer, while hiding her affair.
5) “Black Panther” (2018), 8-10:45 p.m., TNT. It’s a great night for movies that are both artful and entertaining. This one suffers from a prolonged finish, but is richly crafted. More gems? Tom Hanks’ “Apollo 13” (1995), 8:30 p.m., Syfy … “Back to the Future” (1985) and its sequel, 2:30 and 5:30 p.m., Paramount, repeating at 8 and 11 … Cameron Crowe tales – “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” (1982) and “Almost Famous” (2000) – 8 and 10 p.m. IFC … and “Jurassic Park” (1993), 8 p.m., HBO.