1) “Unforgotten” season-finale, 9 p.m., PBS. Battered by the emotional stress of cold-case murders, Cassie (Nicola Walker, shown here) tried to retire early. Officials said she had to stay three more months, to get a pension. She soon obsessed on a final case – a murder 30 years ago, linked to a car filled with police-academy grads. Short on sleep, she was close to solving it – then had a fierce car crash. Here’s the potent finish, putting an exclamation point on a great (if grim) season.
2) “Love Island” finale, 9-11, CBS. Quick, slick and sexy, this runs for only six weeks a summer, packing six hours into each week. Now it wraps up; CBS will continue “Big Brother” (including 8 p.m. today), but will fill the “Love Island” gap with a few new reality shows and some returning reruns.
3) More finales. At 8 p.m., AMC’s “Discovery of Witches” has a two-episode, two-hour season finale. At 9, HBO’s “The White Lotus” has an extended finale, to 10:07 p.m. And at 10, PBS’ “Professor T” wraps up its first season with an episode that’s clever, but stretches believability to the limit.
4) “Chesapeake Shores” season-opener, 8 p.m., Hallmark. The prototype Hallmark show has a familiar plot: A young woman, thriving in the city, returns home and bumps into her long-ago boyfriend. But what if the guy leaves? Jesse Metcalfe is departing “Shores,” after playing Trace for four seasons. In this opener, we’ll see his split with Abby (Meghan Ory). Soon, she’ll meet a new guy who also happens to be rich. They’ll snipe and squabble, as Hallmark couples do; then, we guess, they’ll get along fine.
5) AND MORE, 9 p.m., cable. The second episode of Showtime’s “UFO” has Navy pilots with mysterious sightings in 2004 …. Starz debuts “Heels,” with Stephen Amell playing the owner and chief villain in a makeshift Georgia wrestling league …. And TNT’s “Animal Kingdom” (repeating at 10:01) has the guys try a perilous heist. It’s a good story, broken up by two so-so ones involving Andrew: He wanders into a sect; also, childhood flashbacks show him glimpse his mother’s brutal world.