1) “Supergirl” return, 9 p.m., CW. Rescued by her friends (shown here) from the Phantom Zone, Kara (or Supergirl) emerged with PTSD … and with her father, who’d been trapped for decades. After a thee-month pause, the show returns, with the last 13 episodes of its final season. Kara’s dad finds that our oceans are dying, pushing Earth toward the same fate as Krypton. Despite one problem – the dad seems a tad wooden – it’s a smart, emotional episode.
2) “Motherland: Fort Salem” season-finale, 10 p.m., Freeform. It’s been a rough year for these young witches. Tally fought to dump General Alder … Abigail – whose mother takes over as commander – has been pressured to marry and perpetuate the bloodline … Raelle was kidnapped; her long-absent mother died while rescuing her. But now there’s a bigger problem, with the Camarilla attacking.
3) “Miracle Workers: Oregon Trail,” 10:30 p.m., TBS. This is Steve Buscemi’s episode – and a good one. The others, led by Daniel Radcliffe, show up at the beginning and end, but the rest focuses on Buscemi, as Benny the Teen (a name acquired quite some time ago). After leaving in a snit, he wanders into the wilderness … and into an American tribe. The rest is filled with sharp, funny twists.
4) More new episodes. There are plenty of new, scripted shows. On “Stargirl” (8 p.m., CW), Courtney’s step-brother, having had his first taste of being a superhero, wants more. On “Fantasy Island” (9 p.m., Fox), Debbi Morgan plays someone desperate to spend time with her estranged daughter and family; Cliff Chamberlain plays a disillusioned physics prof, looking for more in life.
5) ALSO: At 8 p.m., here’s the first collision of two of the summer’s most-watched reality shows. “Bachelor in Paradise” (ABC) adds new guys and new complications; “America’s Got Talent” has its second quarter-finals round of 12 acts. They’re followed at 10 by “Ultimate Surfer” on ABC and “College Bowl” (Columbia vs. Auburn) on NBC.