1) “Superstar: Richard Pryor,” 10 p.m., ABC. Pryor (shown here) had a life filled with tragedy. Raised in his grandmother’s brothel, he was abandoned by his mother at 10, expelled at 14, jailed by the Army at 18. Then he soared in show business – both in the mainstream and with R-rated wit. Trouble persisted – seven marriages, three heart attacks, a freebasing accident – but so did his skill. He won the first Mark Twain Prize and was named (by both Comedy Central and Rolling Stone) as the best stand-up ever.
2) “MasterChef,” 8 and 9 p.m., Fox. There’s an overload of superchefs tonight. In the first hour, the home cooks prepare two-course dinners for a panel of Val Cantu, Jonathan Yao, Sherry Yard and Tanya Holland. In the second, they make dishes in the French bistro style, for Ludo Lefebyre.
3) “Archer,” 10 p.m., FXX, rerunning at 10:32 and 11:05. Tonight’s focus is on the character voiced by Jessica Walter, who died in March at 80. A gifted actress, Walter starred with Clint Eastwood in “Play Misty For Me” a half-century ago; she won an Emmy in 1978 (for the “Amy Prentiss” mini-series) and has been nominated four more times – including “Arrested Development” and this role as Archer’s mom and boss. In a clever episode, a London mission brings memories of her days as a sexy spy.
4) “Good Trouble,” 10 p.m., Freeform. This well-crafted show has been mired lately in so-so plotlines involving Mariana’s job and Alice’s comedy showcase. Those troubles persist, but the hour concludes with strong moments involving the murder trial, Isabella’s pregnancy and Malika’s complicated life.
5) ALSO: At 8 p.m. on NBC, a results show will reveal half the acts in the “America’s Got Talent” finals. On CW’s “Riverdale” (also at 8), Cheryl learns there may be a precious mineral in her family’s grove; she turns to Archie for help. And Betty finds a possible link to her sister’s disappearance.