1) All night, CBS. Don’t look for cop shows tonight; CBS is fullyin feel-good Friday mode. That starts at 8 p.m. with “Secret Celebrity Renovation”; Boomer Esiason helps renovate the home of his high school football coach. At 9, Cedric the Entertainer hosts the amiable “Greatest #AtHome Videos.” And at 10, Jane Pauley hosts a “Pet Project” (shown here)special, viewing people and their pets.
2) “Great Performances,” 9-11 p.m., PBS. At 10, Yannick Nezet-Seguin decided to be a conductor; he phoned the conservatory in Montreal to ask how. He became a lauded pianist and (at 19 and 20) the conductor of three groups. Fame followed; later he agreed to take over the Metropolitan Opera in 2020, at 45; that was nudged to 2018 when James Levine was ousted for sexual misconduct. This film skips that last part and parcels the rest into patches, amid many moments of interest mainly to music buffs.
3) “Dynasty,” 9 p.m. CW. Here is “Dynasty” at its dynastic extreme – business and personal crises colliding. Fallon battles another young prodigy for control of her company; think of it as a war between sharks who deserve each other. Last week, we met Abby, believed to be Fallon’s half-sister.; now Kirby returns from rehab and begins her apology tour. Schemes crumble, dreams fade.
4) “Burden of Truth,” 8 p.m., CW. Pairing this with “Dynasty” is a real mismatch. “Burden” avoids the soap-suds and offers solid drama about an earnest lawyer, defending a woman who is battling a mining company. The client’s long-missing daughter is finally back, but the company goes to new extremes.
5) Streaming: Steve Marywhether (Sean Hayes) is a James Bond type. dumped from the top team after he came out as gay; now he leads skilled LGBTQ spies. That’s in Netflix’s “Q-Force,” one of three new animated shows today on streamers. The others are: the last of four “Adventure Time: Distant Lands” specials on HBO Max … and the season-opener of “TrollsTopia” on Peacock. Also, Peacock opens the “A.P. Bio” season; Netflix has Victoria Justice in a supernatural comedy movie, “Afterlife of the Party.”