1) Country Music Association awards, 8-11 p.m., ABC. Luke Bryan hosts and performs, in a star-stuffed night. Performing are all five Entertainer of the Year nominees – Eric Church and Chris Stapleton (who lead with five nominations each), Luke Combs and Miranda Lambert (three each) and Carrie Underwood (one). Also performing: Gabby Barrett (shown here, four nominations, including best new artist), Blake Shelton, Jennifer Hudson, Keith Urban, Jason Aldean, Mickey Guyton, Thomas Rhett and more.
2) “The Masked Singer,” 8 p.m., Fox. This show had a one-week baseball break … which would have been two weeks, if the World Series had needed a seventh game. Instead, last week we saw the “Group B” elimination of Beach Ball – the reality-show combination of Mama June and her daughter, Honey Boo Boo, 16. Now we’re back to Group A; tonight, two of its four acts will be ousted.
3) “Batwoman,” 9 p.m., CW. After adjusting to being the new Batwoman, Ryan now has something else to worry about: What does her estranged mother Jada (Robin Givens) know about Wayne Enterprises? She attends Jada’s dinner; then an uninvited guest brings terror.
4) “Secrets of the Dead,” 10 p.m., PBS. The show’s title is no exaggeration: This hour looks into a tragedy that killed 35 people. German airships had seemed to be the future of transportation; the Hindenburg made 10 trips to the U.S. in 1936. On its first trip of ‘37, however, it exploded, killing 35 of the 97 people on board. This hour probes memos, maintenance reports and more.
5) “Chicago P.D.,” 10 p.m., NBC. Few TV characters have been more despicable than Roy Walton. He killed the son of Samantha (a deputy police superintendent), killed the young women he’d been trafficking for sex and shot a cop (Kim), leaving her for dead. Most viewers were probably happy when Hank killed him. Then, however, he and Halley covered it up; now an investigation closes in on them.