1) “Everything Everywhere All at Once” (shown here), 6:35 p.m., Showtime. On the eve of the Academy Awards, we can catch some of the nominees. This fantasy tale – an ordinary soul (Michelle Yeoh) whisked through multiple lives – is the Oscar leader with 11 nominations. Ke Huy Quan has swept supporting-actor wins from the Screen Actors Guild, Golden Globes and Critics Choice. Yeoh won best-actress from SAG and the Globes; the film won best picture from the critics.
2) More Oscar nominees. “Top Gun: Maverick” – a best-picture nominee and the year’s box-office champ – is at 10 p.m. on MGM+ (formerly Epix). It’s also on Paramount+. Among other best-picture nominees, HBO Max has “Elvis” and “The Banshees of Inisherin,” Peacock has “Tar,” Netflish has “All Quiet on the Western Front” “Avatar: The Way of Water” stays in theaters; others can be rented.
3) More movies. Prefer some past best-picture winners? “Rocky” (1976) is on MGM+ at 9:15 a.m. and 8 p.m., with its sequels in-between. Also, “An American in Paris” (1951) and “West Side Story” (1961) are at 8 and 10 p.m. ET on Turner Classic Movies, leading a day full of top musicals.
4) Basketball. You can catch conference championship games at 6 p.m. ET on CBS (Mountain West) and 6:30 on Fox (Big East). That’s followed by the ACC and the Pac 12, at 8:30 and 10:30 p.m. on ESPN. Also, ESPN 2 is busy – American East at 11 a.m.; MEAC, 1 p.m.; Big West at 9 p.m A few more finals will be Sunday. Today also has pro basketball (Bucks-Warriors) at 8:30 p.m. on ABC, plus baseball on Fox Sports 1 and football on FX.
5) ALSO: Jenna Ortega – star of “Wednesday” (the “Addams Family” spin-off) and the new “Scream” movie – hosts “Saturday Night Live,” at 11:29 p.m. on NBC, with music from The 1975. Earlier (8 and 9 p.m.), NBC has game shows and CBS reruns “NCIS: Los Angeles” and “SWAT.”