1) “Fear the Walking Dead” season-opener, 9 p.m., AMC, rerunning at 10:19. After vanishing for three seasons, Madison (the terrific Kim Dickens,shown here) returned in the seventh-season finale (which reruns at 7:48 p.m.). She’d been stealing children for PADRE, which re-programs kids (including Morgan’s daughter Mo). Now the eighth and final season jumps ahead seven years; it’s a potent hour, with Madison, Morgan and Mo in a fierce power struggle.
2) “American Idol,” 8-10 p.m., ABC. We’re a week from the finale, with five people left – Megan Danielle, 16; Colin Stough and Iam Tongi, 18; Zachariah Smith, 19; and We Ani, 23. They’re at a Disney Resort, singing Disney songs and hearing a song from Halle Bailey, star of Disney’s upcoming “Little Mermaid.” (Yes, Disney owns ABC.) Then viewers choose the three for next Sunday’s finale.
3) “NCIS: Los Angeles,” 10 p.m., CBS. After 14 seasons – putting this in the all-time top-10 list of longest-lasting dramas – this starts its two-week series finale. Tonight, Callen and Anna are planning their wedding amid – as usual – distractions: A federal agent is missing and military-grade weapons have been stolen.
4) “East New York” finale, 9 p.m., CBS. This is the series-finale, but it wasn’t planned that way. CBS hadn’t said whether the show would be renewed; then on Monday if pivoted: It decided that “SWAT” (previously canceled) can return for a 13-episode final season … but that “East New York” is done. Tonight, a shooting is close to home, raising doubts about the leadership of precinct leader Haywood and her mentor, Suarez.
5) “Yellowjackets,” 9 p.m., Showtime. At last – 25 years after their wilderness ordeal – six surviving women have an informal (and accidental) reunion. That’s at Lottie’s cult-like compound; there’s drinking, laughing, even some kissing … against a backdrop of rage. Last week, we saw Shauna’s pain in the past (her newborn baby’s death) and present (a murder probe). Now both peak, in final minutes that are brutal, unrealistic and deeply jolting.