1) “Comedy and Music Superfest,” 8-10 p.m., NBC. Byron Allen’s first NBC jobs were milder: He did a stand-up routine on Johnny Carson’s show at 18, then was a “Real People” reporter. He had ups and downs, then scored in business; Allen (shown here) now has a company that owns stations, digital networks and the Weather Channel. Here’s a rerun of his special, with Toni Braxton, John Legend, Gladys Knight, Boys II Men, Roy Wood Jr., Tiffany Haddish, Keenan Thompson, Loni Love and more.
2) “Saturday Night Live,” 11:29 p.m., NBC. Jack Harlow – whose “White Men Can’t Jump” remake recently arrived on Hulu – doubles as host and music guest in this rerun. There’s usually another “SNL” rerun at 10 p.m., but not today. Instead, NBC repeats a fun round of “Password,” with Martin Short and Jimmy Fallon.
3) “CSI: Vegas,” 8 p.m., CBS. A social-influencer party turns out to be anti-social, when a popular guest is brutally killed. That rerun is followed by one from early in the “Blue Bloods” season: Frank (Tom Selleck), the police commissioner, tells his daughter he won’t endorse her for district attorney.
4) Action movies, MGM+. Here are three thoroughly entertaining films – “Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves” (2023) at 1:25 p.m., James Bond’s “No Time to Die” (2021) at 8 and “Top Gun: Maverick” (2022) at 10:30. In between, the season’s first five episodes of “From,” an intriguing fantasy film, are from 3:40 to 8 p.m.; the sixth one will be at 9 p.m. Sunday.
5) “Murdoch Mysteries,” 7 and 8 p.m. ET, Ovation. The first story is a fairly murky one, centering on the hobo world of the early 20th century, The second, however, is the start of a strong three-parter that concludes next week. It centers on Dr. Julia Ogden (the excellent Helene Joy), who had previously helped convict an alderman who abused his wife.