1) “Cruel Summer” finale, 10 p.m., Freeform. Flashing between three times, each six months apart, we’ve seen teens transform. Megan (Sadie Stanley, shown here) and Luke went from platonic to passionate; then she hardened, covering up details of the night he died. This has required deft writing and acting; now, at last, we learn which people (directly and indirectly) were responsible for his death. Stick with this one to the final twist; it’s a strong finish to a surprisingly good tale.
2) “Breeders” season-opener, 10 and 10:36 p.m., FX. Rerunning at 11:07 and 12:14. The story jumps ahead five years, requiring (for the second time) the kids to be re-cast. Now Luke is 18 and in love. His news, late in the first half-hour, propels the show in fresh directions. Meanwhile, his parents (Martin Freeman and Daisy Haggard) delay their plan to split up. The result deftly juggles humor and despair.
3) “Run the Burbs,” 8:30 p.m., CW. In contrast to the “Breeders” restraint, “Burbs” is overwritten and overacted. Andrew Phung is guilty of both, co-creating the show and starring as a zealous dad in suburbia. That’s surrounded by other Canadian comedies — a so-so “Son of a Critch” at 8 p.m. and a funny “Children Ruin Everything” at 9. The Australian “Bump” opens its season at 9:30.
4) “The Bachelorette,” 9-11 p.m., ABC. Charity Lawson has her final-four now. That means it’s time for the hometown visits; it also means Lawson, 27, gets a Hawaiian journey. One of the guys (tennis pro Joey Graziadel, 27) is from Hawaii. The others are Dotun Olubeko, 31, of Fresno; Aaron Bryant, 24, of suburban Houston; and Xavier Bonner, 27, of Euclid, Ohio.
5) ALS0: So far, the clever “Miracle Workers” has only shown Freya (Geraldine Viswanathan) as a tough and gritty warrior; now (10 p.m.,, TBS) we meet her parents, in a utopian home in the sky. That’s on a night that’s also overloaded with reality shows. At 8 p.m., ABC has “Claim to Fame,” NBC has “American Ninja Warrior,” Fox has “Stars on Mars” and “Crime Scene Kitchen.”
— Mike Hughes, TV America