1) “Running Wild With Bear Grylls,” season-finales, 8 and 9 p.m., National Geographic Channel. For eight seasons, Grylls has taken celebrities to harsh places. Now he has takes Daveed Diggs to a desert and then Tatiana Maslany (“Black Orphan”) to rappel down a mountain. Before that, the rest of the season reruns. Starting at 2 p.m., it will be Rita Ora, Russell Brand, Troy Kotsur, Cynthia Erivo, Benedict Cumberbatch and Bradley Cooper (shown here).
2) “Dark Winds,” 9-10:10 p.m., AMC. The season’s second-to-last episode starts with a flashback, showing why the villain is so messed up. He’ll get little sympathy, though; he’s a stone-cold killer whom Joe chased relentlessly. Now he’s in jail, but we suspect this isn’t over. Meanwhile, Joe’s deputy Bernadette helps a troubled youth and his ex-deputy Chee goes undercover at a cult-like gathering. It’s a strong hout, with a closing jolt to set up the finale.
3) Gymnastics. The U.S. championships conclude. The men’s finals rerun at noon; the women’s finals are at 6:30 p.m. ET on Peacock and at 7 p.m. ET and (via tape-delay) PT. There’s also baseball (Braves-Giants, 7 p.m. ET, ESPN) and pre-season pro football (Texans-Saints, 8 p.m. ET, Fox).
4) “Billions,” 8 p.m., Showtime, rerunning at 10 and midnight. The return of Axe turned out to be mostly noise. Visiting him in his castle/fortress in England, friends failed to convince him to return home and fight Michael Prince. Now key people – Wags, Wendy, Chuck Rhoades (his old job restored) – grasp to keep power. It’s a good episode with interesting guest stars – Holland Taylor, author Michael Lewis and a towering surprise we won’t spoil.
5) ALSO: Many PBS stations will rerun the “Litttle Women” remake, from 8-11 p.m.; it’s beautifully crafted, with Maya Hawke excellent as Jo. At 8, CBS has its reality shows (“Big Brother” and “The Challenge: USA” and ABC has its games. The latter includes a “Celebrity Family Feud,” with the casts of “The Rookie” and the now-canceled “The Rookie.” At 10, MGM+ concludes its two-part “San Francisco Sounds” documentary.