1) “Homefest,” 10 p.m., CBS. Here’s an agreeable mini-trend – stars performing from their homes. Fox had a special Sunday; CBS wil have another (with country stars) this Sunday. First, it’s James Corden (shown here in his usual setting) from his garage, with performances from Korea (BTS), Italy (Andrea Bocelli), London (Dua Lipa, who was going to be on the “Saturday Night Live” that was postponed) and Los Angeles (Billie Eilish, who was also in Fox’s special) and John Legend.
2) “The Good Doctor” season-finale, 10 p.m., ABC. The first half of this two-parter left chaos. An earthquake struck a fundraiser, leaving Lea trapped and Dr. Melendez with an abdominal injury. She’s safe now, but Shaun – her sometimes-boyfriend, trying to rescue her – is stuck in a room as water pours in. Back at the hospital, Dr. Reznick endangered her hands to save a patient. Now we see who survives.
3) “Breeders,” 10 p.m., FX. This clever comedy has never been about solace and reflection. Now, however, Ally wants a place to scatter the ashes of her charming-but-irresponsible father. With her husband and kids, she heads to the countryside and the antiseptically stylish home of her boss.
It’s an odd episode, slow at times but with some big scenes in the final minutes.
4) “Independent Lens: One Child Nation,” 10 p.m., PBS (check local listings). Nanfu Wang grew up in a Chinese village, dropping out of school to support her widowed mother. Later, in the U.S., she’s managed a college education and a filmmaking career. Returning to her roots, she views the one-child policy that ended in 2015. A few people tell her it was necessary; others have chilling stories of involuntary sterilization and abortion and of children being sold. It’s a tough and disturbing film.
5) “Manifest,” 10:01 p.m., NBC. Yes, it’s odd that tonight’s big things are all at 10. (ABC has “American Idol” in Hawaii at 8 p.m.; CBS has a funny “Bob (Hearts) Abishola” rerun at 8:30 and Stephen Colbert returning to new episodes at 11:35.) Here, Michaela and Zeke prepare to marry ahead of his looming death; also, Ben has fierce visions. A closing jolt sets up next week’s season-finale.