1) “World of Dance” (shown here in last week’s opener), 10 p.m., NBC. Here is true diversity – in style, in roots, in everything. A Dutch group creates stunning visuals with arms alone, even before the legs begin; a Navajo group offers a swirl of color and motion. One couple has been dancing together for 26 years … another for one year, while the guy works full-time at McDonald’s. It’s a dazzling set of auditions, with a bonus: Unlike other shows, these judges – Jennifer Lopez, Derek Hough and Ne-Yo – bring insightful comments.
2) “The Conners” (8 and 8:30 p.m.) and “Modern Family” (9 and 9:30), ABC. The season’s final two episodes rerun here. Both are funny … yet packed with with news: Darlene is in jail … Becky is driving to Mexico .. and the house is near foreclosure. ABC had planned to follow with two “Modern Family” reruns; those are being pre-empted, however, to mae room for a news special. See the separate story, on top of the main page.
3) “Stargirl,” 8 p.m. Tuesday, CW. Courtney is still getting used to this: She’s the new kid at a small-town high school … but her stepdad has a staff that gives her superpowers. He also has a giant robot suit, but tells her to forget all this – especially after a battle that put the evil Brainwave in a coma. The story sounds a little silly – well, A LOT silly – but it works. There’s terrific casting – especially Luke Wilson as the stepdad — and smart production from Geoff Johns, DC Comics’ former creative chief.
4) “Legends of Tomorrow” season-finale, 9 p.m., CW. At first, time-travel seemed pleasant enough. Our heroes leaped through centuries, fixing things. But now “The Fates” – three godlike Greek women – are in control, flinging them into new worlds. Tonight, it’s a place similar to the novel “1984.” The team struggles first to get people’s trust and then to convince them to stand up for their rights.
5) “Hell’s Kitchen” and “24 Hours to Hell and Back,” 8 and 9 p.m., Fox. For good or bad, Gordon Ramsay is filling up our TV sets. Tonight, he has two reruns – at 8 p.m., a random one from 2017; at 9, one from February, rescuing a Korean restaurant in Little Rock, Ark. He also has a “MasterChef” rerun on Wednesday; then the National Geographic Channel takes over: The first season of “Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted” reruns Saturday, with the new one starting at 10:03 p.m. ET Sunday.