1) “World of Dance,” 10 p.m., NBC. There are 12 acts left and only four spots in the finals. Tonight, six of the acts go for two of the spots. There are two talented soloists, plus groups ranging from the high-energy Grvmnt (shown here) to three guys who mainly just use hands and arms. It’s varied and entertaining.
2) “John Lewis: Celebrating a Hero,” 10 p.m., CBS. Here’s one more tribute to the civil-rights icon who died of cancer July 17, at 80. Oprah Winfrey, Tyler Perry, Brad Pitt and Gayle King host. There’s music – Jennifer Hudson, John Legend, Common, Yolanda Adams, Jon Batiste, Wynonna – and talk.
3) “Stargirl,” 8 p.m., CW. Courtney’s mom is still adjusting to all this: Her new husband built a giant robot; her daughter is a superhero who has a magic staff and three teen-hero friends. Also, her boss is an arch-villain who wants to control the world. There’s little time to process this, because some people are coming to kill her and her family. That’s the start of a high-octane, two-part finale that is (despite occasional flaws) thoroughly engaging.
4) “Tell Me a Story,” 9 p.m., CW. Last week’s opener ended powerfully. Jordan (superbly played by James Wolk) was buying an engagement ring for his girlfriend when she was accidentally killed by robbers. In separate stories, Gabe accidentally killed someone and Kayla accidentally had sex with a teacher at her school. Yes, there are a lot of accidents here. But “Story” – which previously was on CBS All Access – is sharply acted and directed. In tonight’s involving hour, two stories slightly entwine.
5) “America’s Got Talent: 15th Anniversary Special,” 8-10 p.m., NBC. This show has become a summer stap;e, bringing fresh energy to a time once littered with reruns. Now – while preparing for the COVID-adjusted rounds that start next week, it pauses to celebrate its history. It will looks at some of the individuals who have gone viral – Kodi Lee, Shin Lim, Grace Vanderwaal – and at some of the groups, including V. Unbeatable (the winner of “AGT: Champions”) and Zurcaroh.