1) “Coroner” debut, 9 p.m., CW. Filling holes in its schedule, CW buys shows from overseas, some goofy (“Killer Camp,” “Task Master”) or bland (“Fridge Wars”) or fairly good (“Burden of Truth”). But here’s a splendid exception, a smart and well-crafted show, based on a series of novels. It starts with a life-changing moment for Dr. Jenny Cooper (Serinda Swan, shown here); then we flash forward. She has a new look and a new job, as Toronto’s coroner. The first case – at a youth detention center – is a good one.
2) “Agents of SHIELD,” 10 p.m., ABC. Next week brings the two-hour finale of a seven-year ride that has leaped around the universe and across time itself. For now, Sibyl and Nathaniel are trying to shape a dark future for SHIELD, using Kora on the inside. The agents scramble while trying to stop them.
3) “The 100,” 8 p.m., CW. After pausing for some reruns and a flashback episode, we’re back to the main story – Clarke and colleagues waving guns and demanding that their friends be released. It’s a tough hour, filled with talk of revenge and “the final war” … plus a daring act of heroism. Meanwhile, Madi – whom Clarke has felt maternal toward – faces a fresh crisis: Sheidheda is here (inside Russell’s body) and ready to assume control; the result is sometimes fierce and violent.
4) “United We Fall,” 8 p.m., ABC. This new comedy tends to be quite good when sticking to Bill and Jo (Will Sasso and Christina Vidal), not so good with the over-the-top supporting character. Tonight, Jo’s niece uses her as a role model – distressing her dad; Will’s mother (Jane Curtin), in a post-surgery blur, professes her love for her first husband.
5) “Marrying Millions” season-opener, 10 p.m., Lifetime. The first season introduced such unusual matches as Bill Hutchinson, then 60, a real-estate mogul, and Brina Ramirez, 21, a waitress. Also, Katie Hamilton, 37, the ex-wife of baseball star Josh Hamilton, and Kolton Pierce, 21, her daughter’s friend. The latter couple is gone now, but one new one has a yacht-owner, 68, and his girlfriend, 23. Another has beauty-products mogul Nonie Creme, 47, and her big-bearded boyfriend, 30.