1) “The Bold Type” series finale, 10 p.m, Freeform. With smart characters and sleek visuals, this has seemed like the ideal show for Freeform’s young-adult target. At a magazine, three women became friends; Jane (right) writes, Sutton (center) designs, Kat (left) does tech. Now the network promises “big changes and hard decisions”; a brief sampling focuses on Jane: She bumps into Zach, whom she did a story on previously; also, she tries to nudge Kat into reviving the romance with Adina.
2) “Nature: The Bat Man of Mexico,” 8 p.m., PBS. Growing up, Rodrigo Medellin had bats in his bathroom and in his mind. He became Mexico’s top bat researcher, a job that sometimes has him going into dark, scary places. He also works to convince countrymen that these creepy creatures are vital to protect their crops and the tequila industry. Here’s a fascinating profile.
3) :SWAT,” 9 and 10 p.m., CBS. It’s the final Wednesday before CBS’ world changes. “Big Brother” and “Love Island” arrive next week, gobbling much of the summer schedule. For now, there are reruns – “The Price is Right” at 8, then these two. First, the team tries to stop an extremist from attacking a memorial service; then the search for a lone bomber reminds Tan of a gimk moment in his past.
4) “In the Dark,” 9 p.m., CW. Murph and friends scramble to keep ahead of Josh, the IRS agent, and Clemens, the honest cop. That follows a “Kung Fu,in which Nicky gets a chance to help Evan, the assistant district attorney, with one of his court cases.
5) “Dave,” 10 p.m., FXX, rerunning at 10:42 and 11:24. A couple years ago, Little Dicky (Dave Burd) free-styled a rap with references to basketball great Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Now this imagines that Jabbar has just seen the number and wants to talk. Toss in some extra touches – mean-spirited practical-jokers, an angry ex-girlfriend and a balky doorknob – and you have an episode with a wild finish.