1) Football, 3 p.m. ET, NBC and 6:30, CBS. The Tampa Bay Bucs host the Los Angeles Rams; then the Kansas City Chiefs host the Buffalo Bills. The opener offers two veteran quarterbacks: Last week, the Rams’ Matthew Stafford (shown here) got his first playoff win … and the Bucs’ Tom Brady, who has seven Super Bowl wins, got his 35th. In 2009, Stafford was the first person drafted; nine years earlier, Brady was the 199th.
2) “NCIS: Hawaii,” after football (about 10 p.m. ET), CBS. In a change of plans, CBS will start a two-parter tonight, concluding it at 10 p.m. Monday. This starts with the mysterious death of a Navy engineer; the last person he met was Maggie Shaw, Jane’s mentor and friend. Now Shaw has been kidnapped; a New Zealand intelligence agent arrives, tying this to a Chinese secret agent.
3) “Reframed: Marilyn Monroe” conclusion, 9 and 10 p.m. ET, CNN, rerunning at midnight. Most profiles paint Monroe as a pawn, maneuvered by greedy guys; this interesting one sees her as a strong force, startin g to control her career. Last week’s two-hour opener (the second half of which reruns at 8 and 11 p.m, ET) saw her overcome a tough childhood. Now she moves to New York, studies method-acting, starts her own company and battles the movie moguls.
4) “Billions” season-opener, 9 p.m., Showtime, rerunning at 10. The fifth season was split in two, with a 15-month COVID break between the first seven episodes and the last five. It was also the final season for Damian Lewis as Axe, the intense financial whiz. He took a $2 billion buy-out from Mike Prince and went on the lam. Now Prince assesses the company he’ bought … and considers firing everyone.
5) “All Creatures Great and Small,” 9 p.m., PBS. James and Helen are finally dating … just in time for them to have their first argument. And Tristan has a misadventure with the dog of Mrs. Pumphrey – the village matriarch, now played by Patricia Hodge, after the death of Diana Rigg. It’s a fairly good hour, as is its lead-in: In an odd detour, “Around the World in 80 Days” has Fogg defending a lovelorn soldier at a court martial.