1) “Call Me Kat,” 9 p.m., Fox. It’s time to celebrate Mayim Bialik’s busy stretch. While many shows duck into reruns during the Olympics, she has four-and-a-half new hours each week. At 8 p.m. (Tuesdays through Fridays, for two weeks), she hosts ABC’s “Jeopardy National College Championship.” And tonight also brings her likable (if lightweight) comedy (shown here). In this episode, Kat (Bialik) spies on the boyfriend of her mom (Swoosie Kurtz); also, the guys try yoga.
2) “Young Sheldon,” 8 p.m., CBS. Jim Parsons is heavily into the Thursday comedies: He produces “Call Me Kat” (based on a British hit), which stars his “Big Bang” wife; and he narrates this show, a “Big Bang” prequel. This episode follows the flirty night George (Sheldon’s dad) had with a neighbor; now George’s mother-in-law tries to find the truth. Also, Sheldon nudges his sister toward atheism.
3) Winter Olympics, 8-11 p.m., NBC. There’s live coverage tonight of women’s alpine skiing and of the finals for men’s snowboard halfpipe. Both are in primetime, along with taped coverage of mixed team freestyle skiing. For more live events, there’s hockey: Men are 8 a.m. on USA (U.S.-China) and 11 p.m. on CNBC (Denmark-Russia); the women’s quarterfinals start at 10:55 p.m. on USA, then go to NBC at 11:35. Taped coverage is 2-5 p.m. on NBC and all day on USA.
4) “NFL Honors,” 9-11 p.m., ABC. In past years, this was dumped into a low-viewership Saturday spot, on the eve of the Super Bowl. Now it moves two days earlier, when more viewers are around. Keegan-Michael Key hosts an event that announces the year’s most valuable player, top offensive and defensive players (overall and among rookies) and more, including Hall of Fame choices.
5) ALSO: With many shows disappearing (or in reruns) during the Olympics, cable still has new episodes. At 9 p.m., TBS has “The Go-Big Show,” wrapping up its first round. Then Freeform has “Grown-ish” at 10 (Zoey tries to patch up the Luca-Doug friendship) and “Single Drunk Female” at 10:30, with Sam — in the early, fragile stages of sobriety — hesitantly considering dating.