1) Streaming surge. The streaming networks are loading up now. On Wednesday, Disney+ added Steven Spielberg’s masterful “West Side Story” remake; today, two mini-series collide, each telling true stories with audacious people. On Hulu, “The Dropout” has Amanda Seyfried as Elizabeth Holmes, a tech genius convicted of massive fraud. On Peacock, Kate McKinnon and John Cameron Mitchell (shown here) play Carole Baskin and Joe Exotic in “Joe vs. Carole,” a story made famous in the “Tiger King” documentary.
2) “The Graduate” (1967), 10:15 p.m., Turner Classic Movies. The “31 Days of Oscar” marathon steps into its Dustin Hoffman phase. Here’s the brilliant Mike Nichols film that made Hoffman a star; coming are his “Tootsie” (1982) and “Rain Man” (1988), at 8 and 10:15 p.m. Saturday. Today also has Paul Newman’s “Sweet Bird of Youth” (1962) at 5:45 p.m. and Jack Lemmon’s “The Apartment” (1960) at 8.
3) “Top Chef” season-opener, 8 p.m., Bravo. The new season is in Houston, where contestants will cook for diverse tastes – including the nation’s highest Nigerian concentration. One chef (Evelyn Garcia) is from Houston; others are from as far away as Detroit (Sarah Welch), Seattle (Luke Kolpin) and Bismark, N.D. (Stephanie Miller). That’s followed at 9:15 by the start of “Top Chef Family Style,” a young-chef show that ran last fall on Peacock.
4) “B Positive,” 8:30 p.m., CBS. It’s a crucial time for this likable show, one of the few CBS ones not yet renewed. With the season-finale coming next week, it gets some breaks – an improved timeslot (right after “Young Sheldon”) and the addition last week of Rondi Reed (“Mike & Molly”) as Norma’s cynical sister. In a story that continues next week, Ginas’s top assistant has moved to a competing retirement home; Gina struggles … and might have to sell.
5) “Grey’s Anatomy,” 9 p.m., ABC. Schmitt must face the “morbidity and mortality” conference, which probes what went wrong with a patient’s care. Also, Meredith convinces Nick to scrub in on a surgery in Seattle; and Jo deals with her feelings.