1) “American Masters,” 8-9:30 p.m., PBS. To some, Duke Kahanamoku (shown here) was one of the all-time great athletes. He won swimming medals in three Olympics, spread over a dozen years … then popularized the sport of surfing. Statues of him are in Australia, New Zealand, California and his native Hawaii. Most amazing, however, was the day he individually saved eight people from drowning. This fascinating film even has the moment they thanked him, decades later.
2) “Naomi” season-finale, 8 and 9 p.m., CW. We started with Naomi as a cheerful skateboarder and honor student. Then she learned she’s from another planet; others (including her adoptive parents) arte, too, but they lack her powers. Back from a brief time on Earth-29, she gets conflicting advice about her future, then takes a road trip with her friend, searching for a spot she saw in a vision. But a being, who has stalked her from birth, endangers her loved ones.
3) “FBI,” 8 p.m., CBS. As the team traces a killer who uses “drug mules” at airports, it also faces internal problems. Sarin-gas poisoning put Maggie in the hospital – Missy Peregrym, who plays her, is on maternity leave – and leaves OA (Zeeko Zaki) struggling. He’s also dealing with the 10th anniversary of his Army friend’s death in Afghanistan.
4) “This Is Us,” 9 p.m., NBC. Only three episodes remain, for one of the best broadcast-TV dramas in recent years. Tonight, the three siblings try to come up with a plan for their mother, who is sinking deeper into Alzheimer’s disease.
5) “Mayans M.C.,” 10 p.m., FX, rerunning at 11:27 p.m. and 12:54 a.m. This fierce hour starts and ends with violent jolts. In between, we see an attempt to bring the biker clubs back together – a tough task after their internal warfare. It’s a terrific episode, peaking with three desperate women – Adelita, intent on getting her baby back …. Emily, in disguise and on the run … and, in an odd detour, very possibly the worst check-out clerk ever.