1) “The Equalizer” season-finale, 8 p.m., CBS. This is a classic case of making the best of a bad situation. After sex-abuse accusations, Chris Noth was fired, leaving a void;. He’d been Bishop, Robyn’s former mentor and her CIA contact., so a new story emerged: Bishop was killed when Mason Quinn downed his plane; now Robyn’s obsession with revenge turns dangerous. Also, her daughter (shown here in a previous episode) finally meets the people Robyn has been working with.
2) “Billboard Music Awards,” 8-11 p.m, NBC. A music-stuffed night includes Silk Sonic’s first appearance since dominating the Grammys. It has Megan Thee Stallion’s first performance at the Billboards … and the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ first there in 23 years. Diddy hosts a line-up that includes Ed Sheeran, Becky G,, Morgan Wallen, Burna Boy and Maxwell … plus Miranda Lambert and Elle King proclaiming being “Drunk (and I Don’t Wanna Go Home).”.
3) “American Idol,” 8-10 p.m., ABC. It’s music-vs.-music, as the Billboard awards collide with the year’s second-to-last “Idol.” Competing for spots in next week’s finale are Nicolina, 18 when the season started; Leah Marlene, 20; Fritz Hager, 22; Noah Thompson, 22; and HunterGirl, 25.
4) “Ridley Road,” 9 p.m., PBS. This four-week mini-series has been slow to reach its emotional core. Now, however, part three begins to grab viewers, setting up next week’s strong finish. In 1961 London, a young Jewish woman learned that her boyfriend was working undercover in a neo-Nazi group. Trying to check on him after he was injured, she dyed her hair blonde and tried to infiltrate the group. Tonight, the stakes are heightened.
5) ALSO: “The Time Traveler’s Wife” debuts at 9 p.m. on HBO. The story – which was a 2009 movie – is now expanded to six hours, with Rose Leslie and Theo James (“Sanditon”) starring. it’s beautifully filmed and acted, overcoming its own time-travel rules. At 10, “The Rookie” ends its season with Nolan jailed in a tough town.
You may also like
Best-bets for March 30: CBS’ shows return; ABC’s leaves
Best-bets for March 29: Archie time-treks,Ted prospers
Best-bets for March 28: tough times in Brooklyn and Gotham
Best-bets for March 27: “Bachelor” and “Eye” conclude; Pink sings
Best-bets for March 26: “Succession” leads a surge of great drama