1) “American Ninja Warrior” season-opener, 8-10 p.m., NBC. Here’s half of the one-two punch that gives NBC strong summer ratings. “America’s Got Talent” has already started its season on Tuesdays; now “Ninja Warrior” takes over on Mondays. Adapted from a Japanese competition, it has people tackle obstacle courses, with a chance for $1 million if they fully conquer the finals. (Only three people have done it, in 13 editions.) The season starts with try-outs in San Antonio and Los Angeles.
2) “Roswell, New Mexico” season-opener, 8 p.m., CW. Could there really be domestic bliss for three people whose family roots are in outer space? Max is ready to propose to Liz … Michael might move in with Tyler … And Isobel might profess her love for Anatsa. All is serene (sort of). But Max, the acting sheriff, is investigating some imposing bank robberies. Also, a mega-storm is coming, literally and figuratively. It’s a powerful way to start the season..
3) “In the Dark” season-opener, 9 p.m., CW. Murphy has never been a jolly person. Blind since she was 14, she has a dark, cynical shell. Things got worse after she got wrapped up in drug deals; now she’s in prison, where dangers loom. Meanwhile, Felix (her former colleague at the guide-dog center) and his sister have an interesting visit with their grandmother.
4) “Breeders,” 10 p.m., FX. “It was the worst day of my life,” Paul groans. That’s saying a lot, because he’s had a long string of awful days; what began as a comedy has settled into being a dark drama (albeit a well-made one), with occasional laughs. Paul has survived a rough time with his son (with his wife and daughter becoming collateral damage) and now has a new boss who is ditching his best projects. One thing more: Some worse moments promptly follow.
5) “Brave” (2012), 8-10 p.m., ABC. Before it was fashionable, Disney gave us a cartoon heroine who was more interested in shooting her bow-and-arrow than in meeting a suitor. The result won an Oscar for best animated feature; it’s part of a fun movie night that includes the “Ghostbusters” reboot (2016), from 7-10 p.m. on FX, and animated “Hotel Transylvania” (2012) and its sequel (2015), at 7 and 9 p.m. on Freeform.
You may also like
Best-bets for March 27: “Bachelor” and “Eye” conclude; Pink sings
Best-bets for March 26: “Succession” leads a surge of great drama
Best-bets for March 25: Skaters and dunkers share the night
Best-bets for March 24: music — country, opera and up there
Best-bets for March 23: Basketball’s back, but so are soaps