1) “The Old Man” openers (shown here), 10 and 11:30 p.m., FX. For the first 15 minutes, you might be tempted to switch away. Don’t;; a strong drama – tough, intense, richly crafted – is waiting on the other side. In those early minutes, we see a solemn widower (Jeff Bridges), with his two dogs and memories of his wife’s descent into Alzheimer’s. He talks to his daughter on the phone, digs tin cans out of the garbage and seems a bit daft. Just stick with it; a compelling, seven-part adventure is coming, with great work from Bridges, John Lithgow and more.
2) Legacies” series finale, 9 p.m., CW. Here’s the end of a line that’s had three series, 17 seasons (sometimes overlapping) and 331 episodes. It started with Vampire Diaries,” which saw Alaric start a school for kids with special powers, including his wins. Then came “The Originals” and young Hope, a rare witch/werewolf/vampire hybrid. In “Legacies”, she went to the school and sometimes squelched evil. As its fourth and final season ends, she and classmates ponder what’s ahead.
3) Basketball, 9 p.m. ET, ABC. The best-of-seven series returns to Boston, for game six. There’s also a pre-game show at 8:30 and a Jimmy Kimmel special at 8. The seventh game, if needed, will be on the Golden State Warriors’ home court at 8 p.m. Sunday.
4) “Ghosts,” 9 p.m., CBS. A week later than expected, we get a rerun of the “Trevor’s pants” episode, a good one. That tells us why Trevor – the self-obsessed stockbroker – died wearing a suit and tie, but no pants. It was scheduled for last week, then delayed when CBS carried the opening round of hearings by the Jan. 6 committee.
5) ALSO: The Juneteenth holiday, celebrating the belated freedom of some slaves (months after the Civil War ended), will be Sunday, peaking with a concert on CNN. Some communities are turning it into a four-day celebration. Check news channels; also, look at streamers (including PBS Passport and pbsworld.org) for a rich assortment of films linked to black-themed subjects for Juneteenth and to LGBT subjects for Pride Month.