1) “City on a Hill” season-opener, 10 p.m., Showtime. Jackie Rohr is one of TV’s great characters, an FBI agent rippling with intelligence and rage. As last season ended (14 months ago), corruption probes grew and he turned in his badge. Now he’s near-bottom — to the delight of an honest prosecutor. Perfectly played by Kevin Bacon and Aldis Hodge (shown here), these two are great opposites. This opener also has strong moments for Corben Bernsen and Ernie Hudson.
2) “Grantchester,” 9 p.m., PBS. Tonight’s mystery brings Will, the crime-solving vicar, closer to home: As a charity auction nears, one of his parishioners has been killed. It’s the fourth of six episodes in a strong season; the final two address the troubled personal lives of Will and his police friend Geordie.
3) “Riverdale” season-finale, 8 p.m., CW. Archie and the gang, CW says, must link to save Riverdale from the greatest threat it’s ever faced. That’s saying a lot, since it’s already had a serial killer, gang warfare, an explosion and rampant corruption. Remember when it was a sunny place where sweet kids went to Pop’s Chock-lit Shoppe?
4) “Raider of the Lost Ark” (1981), 1 and 8:30 p.m., Paramount Network. Steven Spielberg’s great adventure trilogy airs twice. It’s “Raiders” at 1, “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom” (1984) at 3:30 and “Indian Jones and the Last Crusade” (1989) at 6. Then they repeat in slightly different order – “Raiders” at 8:30, “Last Crusade” at 11, “Temple of Doom” at 1:30 a.m.
5) More movies. The world is conspiring to make us watch Indiana Jones today. Showtime (a sister channel of Paramount) has “Raiders” at 11:30 a.m., “Temple of Doom” at 1:30 p.m. and “Last Crusade” at 3:30, then adds “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” (2006) at 5:45. Alternatives include two fun films – “Forrest Gump” (1994) at 6 p.m. on AMC and “High School Musical” (2006) at 7 on the Disney Channel.
You may also like
Best-bets for March 27: “Bachelor” and “Eye” conclude; Pink sings
Best-bets for March 26: “Succession” leads a surge of great drama
Best-bets for March 25: Skaters and dunkers share the night
Best-bets for March 24: music — country, opera and up there
Best-bets for March 23: Basketball’s back, but so are soaps